kdykam

Church of St. Lawrence in Klatovy

Klatovy

About the venue

The baroque church of St. Lawrence was built in 1694-1709 on the site of a medieval Dominican monastery sacked by the Hussites in 1419. The architect and builder was Marc Antonio Gilmentti, an Italian settled in Klatovy; the facade towers were not completed until 1731. After the Josephine reforms the building served as a warehouse, then as a school chapel, and since 2000 it has been deconsecrated. It is now managed by Galerie Klatovy / Klenová, which uses the interior for temporary exhibitions of contemporary art.

Plánická 174, 339 01 Klatovy

Opening hours follow the event programme

Upcoming · 1

Past · 1

Nearby venues · 7

← Back to home